You probably already know what an API is. But if you need a refreshment, API stands for Application Programming Interface, and it’s a way for two or more pieces of software to communicate with each other.
Here’s a list of useful and cool APIs you can use in your next projects:
- Brainshop – It helps you create chatbots based on AI. The basic plan is completely free.
- Cloudmersive API – This advanced Machine Learning API helps you with your image recognition and processing needs.
- Count API – It allows you to create simple numeric counters.
- Currency converter – It’s a simple API for currency conversion.
- Flight API – This API gives you all the information about flights: airport, ticket prices, schedule, and flight status, among others.
- NASA APIs – It gives you access to different types of data about astronomy, space weather, the moon, mars, and much more.
- OpenWeather – It gives you access to current weather data and hourly, 5-day, and 16-day weather forecasts.
- Random user generator API – It allows you to generate placeholder user information. You can get profile photos, names, and more.
- Spoonacular API - It allows you to access over 5k recipes, 2k ingredients, and 600k food products you can use to build a great food-related app.
Feel free to share the APIs you love and use the most