Sometimes it’s hard to find a good idea to practice in coding. I’ve checked tons of different lists and more than half of ideas are pretty hard, not actually interesting for me or just require much more knowledge than a junior dev can have.
So here is a list of good ideas that will help to practice all the basic skills. There are both obvious ideas and some non-usual but they all are working great for this goal.
- Currency converter.
- Random password generator (options to choose allowed characters, amount of characters and strength).
- ToDo list with prioritization, categories, connected DB, etc.
- Weather app for your local area.
- Calculator with additional functions.
- Random name generator.
- Random character or person generator as an upgraded version of previous project.
- Expense tracker.
- A landing page or a portfolio page.
- Chat app
You can also practice with games:
- Tic Tac Toe
- Snake game
- Quiz with different questions topics
- Memory game
Hope these ideas will help you to improve your skills. Feel free to add more projects indeas in the comments below.