Test coverage report not displaying despite successful upload with codacy/codacy-coverage-reporter-action@v1

Hi everyone!

Despite a successful upload, the coverage dashboard is displaying the following message:

Oops! We weren’t able to validate your report. Ping us on the support chat and we will helpyou figure it out.

• What might be wrong?
  • Outdated reporter: Always make sure you are running an up-to-date version of the reporter.
  • Wrong specified language: When specifying the language of a report, make sure it matches the language represented by the file’s extension. Keep in mind that all reporters assume a default language.
  • Inconsistent file paths: Depending on your repository structure, we may be unable to automatically detect the files identified in your coverage report. The reporters have special options to normalise the repository root folder, check their documentation.

The GitHub Action codacy/codacy-coverage-reporter-action@v1 details the following output:

______          __
    / ____/___  ____/ /___ ________  __
   / /   / __ \/ __  / __ `/ ___/ / / /
  / /___/ /_/ / /_/ / /_/ / /__/ /_/ /
  \____/\____/\__,_/\__,_/\___/\__, /
                              /____/

Codacy Coverage Reporter

######################################################################## 100.0%
 --> Codacy reporter codacy-coverage-reporter-linux already in cache
2021-07-24 20:23:51.736Z  info [ConfigurationRules] API base URL: https://api.codacy.com  - (ConfigurationRules.scala:77)
2021-07-24 20:23:51.736Z  info [CommitUUIDProvider] CI/CD provider GitHub Actions found Commit UUID 89bd2ad485537d020efc6b913e67bfc6bd78808b  - (CommitUUIDProvider.scala:131)
2021-07-24 20:23:52.234Z  info [CodacyCoverageReporter] Final coverage notification sent. Final notification received successfully.  - (CodacyCoverageReporter.scala:22)

--> Succeeded!

More details can be found at Merge pull request #8 from nanotaboada/feature/coverage · nanotaboada/java.samples.spring.boot@89bd2ad · GitHub

Hello and welcome to the Codacy community! :slight_smile:

I noticed that while we are receiving coverage reports on your commits, these reports contain information regarding files that are not included in this repository.

Whenever we receive coverage reports, Codacy will take all of the information received and apply it to the respective files to calculate the percentage of lines of code tested. Because these files are missing from the repository, Codacy is unable to perform this calculation.

Could you look into this?

Hey Madalena thanks for reaching out to me :slight_smile:

Regarding:

these reports contain information regarding files that are not included in this repository.

How could that be possible?

To generate the reports I’m making use of your official Github Action:

Sorry for the confusion on my part :sweat_smile: While the files are included in this repository, they are currently being ignored under the repository’s Settings on Codacy → Ignored Files.

In order for the coverage to be reported, could you unignore these files and reanalyse the commit? You can trigger a new analysis by clicking the icon next to the Current status of the commit.

Thanks for your help Madalena! :fist_right::fist_left:
I see – so the same set of ignores apply for both Quality and Coverage