Coverage report not visible despite sending it

Hi, I’m running coverage report (Python) and it seems to be sent to Codacy but it is not visible on my dashboard. This is the outcome from sending the report:

bash <(curl -Ls https://coverage.codacy.com/get.sh) report -r report.xml
 ______          __
/ ____/___  ____/ /___ ________  __
   / /   / __ \/ __  / __ `/ ___/ / / /
  / /___/ /_/ / /_/ / /_/ / /__/ /_/ /
  \____/\____/\__,_/\__,_/\___/\__, /
                          /____/

Codacy Coverage Reporter

############################################################################################################################################################################ 100,0%
 --> Codacy reporter codacy-coverage-reporter-darwin already in cache
2021-05-19 14:27:25.971Z  info [ConfigurationRules] API base URL: https://api.codacy.com  - (ConfigurationRules.scala:77)
2021-05-19 14:27:25.975Z  info [CommitUUIDProvider] Can't find or validate commit UUID from any supported CI/CD provider.  - (CommitUUIDProvider.scala:94)
2021-05-19 14:27:25.976Z  info [CommitUUIDProvider] Trying to get commit UUID from local Git directory  - (CommitUUIDProvider.scala:95)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.008Z  info [CommitUUIDProvider]
Commit UUID not provided, using latest commit of local Git directory:
3e2e21e83126b84a754cb36bc0bdd2477258ffe4 xxxxxxx <77963027+xxxxx@users.noreply.github.com> Mon May 17 16:42:14 CEST 2021  - (CommitUUIDProvider.scala:115)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.009Z  info [ReportRules] Parsing coverage data from: /Users/xxxxxxx/xxxx/XXXXXX-Backend-api/report.xml ...  - (ReportRules.scala:43)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.024Z  info [ReportRules] Coverage parser used is com.codacy.parsers.implementation.CoberturaParser$@391f4ff1  - (ReportRules.scala:48)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.031Z  info [ReportRules] Generated coverage report: /var/folders/b9/10vhlcr10k5gxlzmr9sbqq680000gn/T/codacy-coverage-6404230696603875054.json (3.46 kB)  - (ReportRules.scala:256)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.031Z  info [ReportRules] Uploading coverage data...  - (ReportRules.scala:257)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.520Z  info [ReportRules] Coverage data uploaded. Coverage received successfully.  - (ReportRules.scala:168)
2021-05-19 14:27:26.520Z  info [CodacyCoverageReporter] All coverage data uploaded.  - (CodacyCoverageReporter.scala:22)

-->

Hi there,

I checked your repository and noticed that the commit for which you uploaded coverage was not analysed because it was made by an email address that is not associated to a Codacy account. Could you add this email address to your organization so that the commit is analysed and we can dig deeper into it if afterwards coverage is still not reported?

1 Like

Hi Madalena, thanks for the response! I’m sure I’m using the account added to Codacy but sometimes I see weird github ID such as 56757657+user@users.github.com

I don’t know why Codacy sees users like that. Is it possible to fix it? Could you let me know what github ID you’re seeing for my log commits?

1 Like

This type of email address is generated and used by GitHub for web-based Git operations, such as edits and merges, to protect your email privacy. You can read a bit more about this on GitHub’s official documentation here.

Because users’ email addresses are directly reflected from GitHub, if you log out of Codacy and log back in with GitHub these email addresses will be associated to the users’ Codacy accounts. Could you try following these steps to have the emails addresses correctly reflected and the commits analysed?

Another resource that could be helpful for you can be found in our documentation here, where we cover a few other scenarios that can lead to this message being displayed and how to address them.

Hi Madalena, thanks for the documentation! I’ve read it, tweaked some email settings but it does not work.

My email in local github repo close is:
git config user.email
krzysztof @ xxxxxxxpe.com

(I used krzysztof@xxxxxxxpe com to obfuscate it) and the same email is set up in GitHub and is in the Codacy account. Also, the other email; 76100435+krzysztofkh@ users.noreply.github com appears in my Codacy as a secondary email. However uploaded report file doesn’t appear in Codacy.

We exchanged a few messages through our official Support channel to further investigate this topic so I’ll summarise here as it could be helpful for other users coming across a similar behaviour:

Once the email addresses were added to the organization on Codacy and the commits were analysed, we noticed Codacy was not receiving the coverage reports for those commits.

Upon further investigation, we realised that the incorrect token was being used to upload the coverage reports to Codacy - once the token was corrected, the coverage reports were successfully uploaded and coverage started to be reported on this repository.

Here are some resources from our official documentation that could be helpful for users looking to start monitoring the test coverage of their repositories on Codacy:
Adding coverage to your repository
Alternative ways of running the Codacy Coverage Reporter
Troubleshooting common issues while using Codacy Coverage Reporter

4 Likes