ASIL Certification for embedded firmware

Hi… We did a firmware for the automotive market but not with the asil certification required.
We would like to start to do firmware/software that is ASIL B certified.
One of the point is to run a static code check tool analyzer .
I am guessing if you have experience of one customer with is using codacy (cppcheck + misra) for doing that?
The question is if we can force us to use a specific static tool or not.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot

Hi simogaspa84! Mark from Codacy here.

We have helped lots of enterprises get their C/C++ code checked automatically with Codacy.

Besides cppcheck which supports Misra rules, you will also have access to analyzers like Flawfinder and Clang-Tidy, which offer hundreds of additional security checks following guidelines such as CWE.

I’d be happy to show you all of this in detail if you’re available for a screen share. I’ll DM you my availability so we can book some time to chat. :slight_smile:

Hi @Mark-Raihlin … I am using the paying version of codacy now because I find it very interesting…
2 observations

1- about misra rules… it makes me crazy select every single rule … Can you provide a toggle button in the gui for activating all the misra rules… Try to imagine the real scenario… make senses to check all the rules…

2- about code complexity… for c projects it is missing… i have found some script running on linux for checking the complexity… i can share with you and then you can integrate it…

Pleasde let me know

Hi @simogaspa84 , thanks for sharing your observations!

I have already forwarded both of your suggestions to our product team for future consideration.

However, given that we have a very busy roadmap for the upcoming months, we cannot give you any ETA at the moment.

Either way, please keep us informed about other suggestions and ideas that may come up. We love your feedback!

Best,
Mark

Hi @Mark-Raihlin
I know you ar very busy…
But the toggle button for activating all the misra check i think it is not a big isuue to do.
Please consider that.

Thanks

Hi @simogaspa84,

From what I understand, it’s not as trivial as it may seem, because this would also require creating tags for Misra rules (and other standards) in the first place, which currently does not exist on the platform.

Either way, the product team already received your feedback and will take it into consideration moving forward.

Thanks again,
Mark